New England Beatbox, Cluster Concepts and 4Life Entertainment Organization are excited to present to you the SECOND ANNUAL NEW ENGLAND BEATBOX BATTLE
The Waterfront Tavern
920 Main Street Holyoke, MA
DECEMBER 4TH AND 5TH
TICKET LINK: WANTICKETS.COM/NEBBB
**COMPETITORS MUST PURCHASE TICKET TO ENTER COMPETITION**
DECEMBER 6TH WE CAN ALL PARTY AND JAM AT ANOTHER CLUB IF YOU GUYS STICK AROUND 🙂
JUDGES PANEL: KENNY URBAN, CHESNEY SNOW, STEVE FOXX, IZZY, SMVY, NAPOM
FEATURING PERFORMANCES BY:
- L.E PURPOSE
- SEAN BYRNE
- THE BEATBOX HOUSE
- FRIDO LAYS
OPEN ELIMINATION RULES / FORMAT
ALL AGES (Please confirm with venue this is acceptable for performers.)
Register by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sAueRGeXB7Ge47Konxl6iek5bTZfK3pLdH0k0BsbNLQ/viewform?usp=send_form
or before start of event.
* Check-in required before start of event.
Names drawn from a hat or bucket to determine open elimination order.
Elimination rounds will be 1 MINUTE 30 SECONDS
* Any beatboxer that stops before reaching the 1:30 mark or does not stop after the 5 second warning will be disqualified.
Judges will score contestants according to certain criteria.
* There will be 5 different categories of criteria.
* Each category can be scored 1-10 (Highest score is 50.)
The Sixteen (16) highest ranked contestants will advance to the battles.
BATTLE STRUCTURE / FORMAT
The Top 16 contestants will battle according to rank / score.
One contestant will be allowed to choose the coin flip. The contestant who wins the initial coin flip will be allowed to choose who goes first.
Quarter and Semi-Finals will be 1:30 (one minute; thirty seconds) rounds.
Finals will be 2:00 (two minute) rounds.
* ABAB Format; Meaning Beatboxer A goes first for 1:30, then Beatboxer B goes second for 1:30, then Beatboxer A goes again for 1:30, with one last reply from Beatboxer B for 1:30.
Judges are allowed 3 overtime rounds, which can be used at any time during any battle, but must be agreed amongst the majority of judges.
* During overtime rounds, Beatboxer B will go first for :30 seconds, then one final response from Beatboxer A for :30 seconds.
The contestant who receives the most votes from the judges panel will move on to the next battle round.
* Judges will be given voting cards to make their decisions, which will be held up after each battle.
** If at least 2 of the 3 judges call a tie, overtime will be given.
** If 2 judges vote for Beatboxer A and the 3rd judge votes a tie, Beatboxer A will be decided as the winner.
** If 1 judge votes for Beatboxer A and another judge votes for Beatboxer B, but the 3rd judge votes a tie, an overtime round will be given.
The Top 8 battles are the ‘Quarter-Finals’.
The Top 4 battles are the ‘Semi-Finals’.
The Final 2 contestants will compete in the ‘Finals’.
* There will be a battle for 3rd place between the 2 beatboxers eliminated from the Semi-Final round. (1:30 rounds)
* The battle for 3rd will take place directly before the Final battle.
Only ONE (1) Microphone will be used for the battles. (Aside from MC/host)
* Once this level has been adjusted and agreed upon by the contestants, it MUST remain the same throughout the night.
* After Beatboxer A has reached his time limit, the microphone should be passed immediately to Beatboxer B with little to no lapse in time.
One person will be the dedicated time-keeper for the night, responsible for keeping time during battles (2:00, 1:30, :30, etc.) and a 5 second warning or countdown using hand signals (5, 4, 3, 2, 1, TIME!)
* After the time is up, the microphone will be passed to the next beatboxer or back to the Emcee (MC) at the end of battle.
Winners (Top 16) from Open Elimination will be announced shortly after completion of the Open Elimination rounds, prior to the battles.
Judges will use cue cards to determine the winner after each battle.
* Cards will be RED or BLUE to select a winner and YELLOW for a tie
HOTEL INFORMATION BELOW:
Here is a hotel about 15/20 minutes from venue:
About $50/$60 a night, both the hotels are across the street from each other, there is a mall located next to it as well as other restaurants near it and around the other side of the mall.
The first night will be the battle and the second night will be for any continuations if needed as well as showcases and a party!
Here is directions from hotel to venue: http://www.mapquest.com/.../L1;41.../L1;42.18491,-72.625241
Here is another even closer to the venue, about 5 MINUTES, it is located on a strip with some restaurants and a movie theatre as well: https://m.super8.com/.../super-8-west.../hotel-overview...
Directions to the venue: http://www.mapquest.com/.../L1;42.../L1;42.184909,-72.625244
EVENT SCHEDULE(SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
6:00PM - 9:00PM OPEN ELIMINATIONS
9:00PM - 9:30PM LE PURPOSE
9:30PM - 12:30 AM TOP 16 (FINALS WILL BE HELD NEXT DAY!)
12:30AM - 12:45AM THE BEATBOX HOUSE
12:45AM -2:00AM PARTY!!!!
6:00PM - 7:00 PM HONEYCOMB LOOP SET
7:00PM - 7:30PM BIRDBOX
7:30PM - 8:00 PM DJ N.E.B
8:00PM - 8:15PM FRIDO LAYS
8:15PM - 9:00PM JUDGES SHOWCASE
9:00PM - 10:00PM FINALS
10:00PM - 12:00AM SQUNTO
12:00AM - 2:00AM BEASTMAN