An outdoor 1 vs 1 tournament beatbox competition
4th SoCal beatbox battle
Presented by Lafia Crew
1st Place: $150 cash prize
Battles started at 8pm
Battles were held OUTDOORS (e.g. school, park) - all acoustic. No amp or microphone.
(Imagine grind time freestyle rap battle, with beatbox instead of rap)
Open to public (no tickets)
ANYONE was welcome to compete
Exact Location: outside of Irvine Heritage Community Park
Host: Patrick Achis
Videographer: Johnny Chang
ENTRY FEE: $0
- Frisco (2010 American Beatbox Champion)
- Alex Olszowy (San Diego BeatBox)
- Vibetron (POSE Crew)
- Prelims: 1 minute showcase
- Top 8 are ranked and seeded to quarter-finals, 2 rounds x 1min (1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5)
- Semi-finals, 2 rounds x 1:30min
- Finals, 2 rounds x 2min
- Tie breakers: 1 round x 1min
Battlers RSVPd by writing a post on Facebook with their beatboxer name and the city they were from or they could register at the event.
There was jamming and hanging out before and after the jam.
MUSICIANS/DANCERS were WELCOME TO JAM ALSO (guitar, harmonica, bboy, etc.)