The modulated trumpet, also known as the modulated synth, is a short and punchy vocalization that is done through a combination of a throat kick with a trumpet mouth position.
How it's done
- Learn how to do the 808 or throat kick
- Vocalize a modulation by transitioning from a "who" sound to a "whao" sound through a small gap between your lips
- Combine the throat kick with the vocalization
- Create a wide space in your mouth my dropping your jaw or moving your tongue to the back of your throat for added depth
- Push heavily with your diaphragm for a more powerful stab
Other sounds to learn