2016 French Championships Megathread

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jon Park 1 day, 13 hours ago.

• Author

Jon Park
    Keymaster
    Replies: 11

After great anticipation, the French national beatbox championship will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary in great style. After receiving numerous submission videos, Beatbox France has chosen the top 40 solo battlers, 6 tag teams, and 3 crews in the nation.

Here are the details:

When? December 16th and 17th, 2016

Where? La Place, Centre Culturel Hiphop, Paris

Jury: To be announced

The competitors:

Solos (Top 16 to be determined in elimination showcase round)

Akindé Alexinho Andro Beatness BMG Brez Bronix Colaps
    Deun’s Efaybee Faya Braz Fury Hutch Inibeater Kenôzen Killy
    Lirox MB14 Mic Breathe Mir-Sa Mystraw Nin’Oz Or Fey OSY
    Rafal Rythmind Sacartan Samy Try Scouilla Sousou Takod The Brain
    Daym Lil’Kix Polo

Mr. Groove

Zeoh Dadeck Kist PHAB Wawad

Tag Team

Beaxbot Breakdown Costik Storm Flowmotion
    Furiial X Touch Zen’Hit

Crew

Berywam Drop Da Mic Les Polyvalents

Who is your favorite to win it? Why?

Who do you think will be the underdog? Who should we watch out for?

Jon Park

R u enjoy?

D-Koy
    Replies: 7

Super excited to see this year’s battles. I personally think that last year’s finals will repeat themselves because Alexinho has been improving constantly lately and BMG’s GBBB wildcard was a pleasant surprise as well so I won’t be surprised if it’s going to be them battling over the title this year. Costik Storm is the winner for me in tag team battles. Alexinho’s and Efaybee’s styles and flow compliment each other so well, creating a tag team that is very hard to defeat on stage. Finally, I think that Berywam will take the crew battles with ease because they have been working together as a group for a while now and really understand how to throw a great show. Overall, I’m really excited to watch the battles this year and hope that some underdogs really prove a lot people as well as myself wrong!

Crosswalks fear me.

MaHnIe

JWatFX
    Replies: 6

I really can’t have an opinion Tag Teams , but this year I think that Samy Try,Nin’Oz,Beatness, and Rhythmind are gonna absolutely kill it. For me , Nin’Oz killed it in the Frica battles , and Rhythmind was underrated at La’Cup battles.

As I said before, my predictions might not be the greatest, but I sure am hyped for French Champs.

Jon Park
    Keymaster

Scouilla is a personal favorite of mine, his routines are so clean and unique. I think he’d have an excellent shot if he experimented more and went ham with constructing routines.

But overall, I still think Alexinho is favorite to take it again. He’s just a class battler.

Jon Park

R u enjoy?

LurningCurve
    Replies: 2

Just to clarify, the top 40 are those that passed into the solos and will still face eliminations. There still will only be a top 16 battle.

Jon Park
    Keymaster

Just to clarify, the top 40 are those that passed into the solos and will still face eliminations. There still will only be a top 16 battle.

Woops – will include that in the original post! Thanks Kazypoo

Jon Park

R u enjoy?

DanzinoGambino
    Participant
    Replies: 1

This is gonna be an epic event! A lot of big names and a lot of underrated guys here as well. I’m gonna put my money on Mr. Slow Flow– Ef- Ay-Pbababa Pbababa Pbababa..

I feel like Efaybee has steadily been improving with every single passing event, year after year. While the same can be said about many beatboxers, Efaybee has really impressed me with his creativity, structure, and all of the other things that we love him for. He’s had so many top 4 finishes in various events but I don’t think he has ever won a major event, am I right?

Jon Park
    Keymaster

@Danzino – Yeah Efaybee is really a fantastic beatboxer, especially live. He’s got unmatched clarity and power in his sounds – I just think that the only thing holding him back is his material. If he really wanted to take things more seriously, he has the quality to do so – I just wonder if it’s on his mind right now to win a title!

Jon Park

R u enjoy?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.