A lip oscillation is a continuous pitched sound produced by squeezing air between your lips. This is often also referred to as the lip bass.
Check out the HUMANBEATBOX.COM's article explaining how Lip Oscillations work.
How it's done
- Make sure your lips are moist
- Blow out a raspberry using your lips as if you were bummed out about something. It's pretty much the first sound that babies make!
- Clench your teeth together for a tighter concentrated flow of air
- Play around with different pressures and air strength
- Add humming or falsetto vocalization to create a synthesizer sound!
Another way people make lip oscillations is to do a dry spit. Imagine you have tea leaves in your mouth and you want to spit them out. You purse your lips together and push air out quickly. Well, that's a short lip oscillation.